This page is provided in addition to the note in my wallet and purse.
In case of emergency, I am on the following medications and dosages, prescribed by Dr Newbury, of the University of Canberra Medical Center.
- Androcur-100 (Cyprotone Acetate 100mg)
- Dosage: 50mg daily, half of 1 x 100mg tablet once daily.
- Progynova (Oestradiol 2mg)
- Dosage: 4mg daily, 2 x 2mg tablets one in morning and one in evening.
- Climara 100 (Oestradiol Patch 7.6mg, release rate 100 ug/day)
- Dosage: 100 ug daily, 1 x 7.6mg patch every 7 days.
The next information relates to a previous medication and is kept for information only.
Tips for giving and receiving deep intra muscular injections.
- Get someone else to do it for you (you can do it yourself but it’s not easy).
- Prepare the site with alcohol swabs.
- Take your time.
- Bend over and rest on a chair back (this is important as it allows you to relax the muscle where the injection will happen.
- Turn your feet so your toes point inwards at 30-45 degrees.
- Stretch the skin with thumb and fore finger, prior and during needle insertion.
- Insert the needle in a fast single movement (extra tip: hold and move needle like throwing a dart)
- Always remember to pull plunger slightly to look for blood (abort if you get blood).
- Slowly but firmly depress plunger.
- Withdraw needle quickly, and in one motion.
- Rub the same alcohol swab over penetration point for a few seconds, followed by rubbing with your palm, or finger tips in a circular motion to dissipate the medication throughout the muscle.
NOTE: This is not a guide of how to perform the injection, only the important parts of the injection process to make it comfortable and safe. Consult a qualified medical practitioner for a full guide and safety requirements for giving an intra muscular injection.