Well after last night experience, Human Resources got on the phone to the Palace and the Hotel Victoria (the two hotels are physically linked and owned by the same people.)
Well some of you know I was flying to Malta, finding a place to live then flying back to Australia to move the house several weeks later. Unfortunately because of yet another break in attempt co-incidentally only a short while after catching my ex Melissa barefaced lying to me I was forced to alter the plans, and pack up everything before I left….
Well here I am in Malta, all my stuff is in transit, and I’m to live in the Hotel Victoria whilst I locate somewhere more permanent to buy and live… This is a 4 star boutique hotel, and has a rather impressive first floor… What is not so impressive is my experience on the first night…
Here’s a list of what’s wrong so far (and I’ve only been here 10 hours)…
- As of 7pm no hot water to shower, bath or wash one’s face with.
- Air-conditioning is either “High and Icy” or “Off”
- TV has 2 English channels that keep going “silent” until TV is power cycled.
- No drinking water in the room – water from tap is salty, reception suggested I order water from the bar.
- As of 10pm Toilet/Bathroom smells like a sewer (literally)..!
- Pillows on the bed are a couple of old flat foam rubber piece pillows (the sort you can get for a dollar at Kmart).
- I’ve been called “Sir” several times by hotel reception (though all other staff have been really nice and called me “Maam”.)
- They’ve take an “Auth” of my credit card for some E1000, now making it completely useless as that takes it over it’s limit (the room was supposed to be pre-paid).
On the brighter side, “Alfred” from the bar was very nice, funny and looked after me personally, and the trainee on reception has been quite responsive, though not apologetic.